FULL Syuyumbike (Akhiyarova) Kazan 2021 Gatina Agadi Islamov Kagirov
Information on the Performance
- Work Title: Syuyumbike
- Composer: Akhiyarova Reseda
- Libretto: Renat Kharis.    Libretto Text, Libretto Index
- Venue & Opera Company: State Opera of Tatarstan, Kazan, Russia
- Recorded: July 11, 2021
- Type: Staged Opera Live
- Singers: Gulnora Gatina, Akhmed Agadi, Artur Islamov, Filyus Kagirov, Arslan Sibgatullin, Ekaterina Sergeeva, Yuri Ivshin, Irek Fattakhov, Venera Ganeeva
- Conductor: Renat Salavatov
- Chorus Master: Lyubov Draznina
- Choreographer: David Avdysh
- Stage Director: Yuri Alexandrov
- Stage Designer: Viktor Gerasimenko
- Costume Designer: Victoria Kharhalup
Information about the Recording
- Published by: mezzo
- Date Published: 2021
- Format: Broadcast
- Quality Video: 4 Audio:4
- Subtitles: yessubs, ensubs
- Video Recording from: mail.ru     FULL VIDEO
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON THIS PERFORMANCE
The world premiere of the opera took place in September 2018.
The plot is based on the events of the middle of the 16th century, difficult trials that fell to the lot of the only female ruler of the Kazan Khanate – Syuyumbika (regent with her young son Utyamysh). Three acts of the opera take place in three cities – Kazan, Moscow and Kasimov; the performance is performed in two languages - Russian and Tatar.
The stage design of the performance is rather unusual. The artist Viktor Gerasimenko used the legendary symbol of Kazan, the Syuyumbike tower, in a reinterpreted form. A tunnel has been created on the stage, imitating the interior of a brick tower, directed upward / into the distance. “This space closed on all sides is a symbol of Syuyumbike’s desperate situation,” Gerasimenko noted.
“Despite the fact that the plot of the opera is based on historical events and its characters are real personalities, Syuyumbike is not a documentary work. We, the authors, wanted to captivate listeners with eternal themes that are unchanged in any era, ”noted the author of the libretto, People’s Poet of the Republic of Tatarstan Renat Haris. “When we tackled this topic, it was clear that the opera would touch upon a range of difficult problems. We are talking about global events, a turning point in the formation of the Russian state “, – stressed the production director, People’s Artist of Russia Yuri Alexandrov.