FULL REQUIEM FOR THE FALLEN (Dubois) Virtual Concert 2020 Yulia Petrachuk
Information on the Performance
- Work Title: REQUIEM FOR THE FALLEN
- Composer: Dubois Emmanuel
- Libretto: The lyrics are excerpts of poems by Emily Dickinson, Laurence Binyon, Rudyard Kipling, John McCrae.
- Venue & Opera Company: Virtual Concert, Moscow, Russia, New York
- Recorded: December 27, 2020
- Type: Concert Live
- Singers: Yulia Petrachuk
- Conductor: Michael Wittenberg, Mikhail Kotelnikov, Emmanuel Dubois
- Orchestra: Voce Anima Symphony Orchestra
- Stage Director:
- Costume Designer:
Information about the Recording
- Published by: Lyrica Classic Entertainment
- Format: Streaming
- Quality Video: 4 Audio:4
- Subtitles: yessubs, ensubs
- Video Recording from: YouTube     FULL VIDEO
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON THIS PERFORMANCE
This requiem will premiere in Russia later this year in honor of those who tragically lost their lives during World War II,” said John Sullivan, US Ambassador to the Russian Federation. “Celebrating the 75th anniversary of the end of World War II in 2020, we honor the memory of all the dead soldiers and civilians of the countries of the anti-Hitler coalition and the unbending strength of spirit, the unshakable courage of the Allied forces in the fight against the Axis countries. The peoples of many countries have made countless sacrifices and endured great suffering in the name of the common victory over Nazism and fascism.”
The oratorio by American-Belgian composer Emmanuel Dubois debuted in France in 2018 and was then presented with success by Lyrica Classic in the USA in 2019 at Carnegie Hall in New York. In Moscow, this work will be performed by the Voce Anima Symphony Orchestra, Vera Ensemble of soloists and soprano Yulia Petrachuk under the baton of conductors Michael Wittenberg from New York, Mikhail Kotelnikov from Moscow and composer Emmanuel Dubois from Washington using virtual video communication platforms.
The Requiem is dedicated to all those who lost their lives in the war. The text of the oratorio is based on excerpts from the poems of Emily Dickinson, Lawrence Bignon, Rudyard Kipling and John McCrae.
The oratorio is part of the international musical project Spreading New Music Around the World, which will include a series of free webinars that will include meetings with oratorio composer Emmanuel Dubois, as well as with famous musicians from the USA, Russia and Europe.