FULL The Crow (Hyerin Gong) Seoul 2020 La Bella Opera
Information on the Performance
- Work Title: The Crow
- Composer: Hyerin Gong
- Libretto: Go Yeon-ok    Libretto Text, Libretto Index
- Venue & Opera Company: Sejong Center for the Performing Arts M Theater, Seoul, South Korea
- Recorded: February 2020
- Type: Staged Opera Live
- Singers: Kang Hye-myung, Choi Young-shin, Yang Seok-jin, Han Eun-hye, Lee Jung-eun, Jang Seong-il, Seopil, Jimin Kim, Hong Seon-jin, Jeon Tae-hwa
- Conductor: Mo-Young Koo
- Orchestra: Orchestra: New Seoul Philharmonic
- Chorus: Met Opera Choir
- Stage Director: Lee Hoe-soo
- Costume Designer:
Information about the Recording
- Published by: La Bella Opera
- Date Published: 2020
- Format: Streaming
- Quality Video: 4 Audio:4
- Subtitles: nosubs
- Video Recording from: YouTube     FULL VIDEO
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON THIS PERFORMANCE
A family who was having a difficult day in the aftermath of the IMF. Her parents plan to commit suicide with her family, and they abandon her youngest child at an amusement park, hoping to save her too young. However, the companion suicide fails, and the family lives through difficult obstacles.
Years passed and the family got back to owning a two-story Western-style house, and the older sister went to law school at Seoul National University, and the older brother did the Habitat movement (build a house for the homeless) and grew up wonderfully. Then, she receives a call saying that she has found her lost youngest.
The joy of finding her youngest child was short-lived. The youngest, called a ‘crow’, who steals and steals when she sees food without having her home anywhere, becomes a threat to her family as if she is trying to get her reward for living a peaceful life except for herself.
As the story unfolds slowly, the family gets closer and closer to the truth they were trying to hide deep in their hearts. How far can we forgive and reconcile in the name of family? Also, do I have the courage to look at myself wholeheartedly?