FULL SIEGFRIED Bendigo 2023 Bradley Daley, Warwick Fyfe, Antoinette Halloran, Robert Macfarlane
Information on the Performance
- Work Title: Siegfried - Der Ring des Nibelungen 2.Tag
- Composer: Wagner Richard
- Libretto: Richard Wagner    Libretto Text, Libretto Index
- Venue & Opera Company: Ulumbarra Theatre, Bendigo, Victoria, Australia , Melbourne Opera
- Recorded: March 31, 2023
- Type: Staged Opera Live
- Singers: Bradley Daley, Warwick Fyfe, Antoinette Halloran, Robert Macfarlane, Simon Meadows, Steven Gallop, Rebecca Rashleigh, Deborah Humble
- Conductor: Anthony Negus
- Orchestra: Melbourne Opera Orchestra
- Stage Director: Suzanne Chaundy
- Stage Designer: Andrew Bailey
- Costume Designer: Harriet Oxley
Information about the Recording
- Published by: Australian Digital Concert Hall
- Date Published: 2023
- Format: Streaming
- Quality Video: 4 Audio:4
- Subtitles: yessubs, ensubs
- Video Recording from: YouTube     FULL VIDEO
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON THIS PERFORMANCE
Be catapulted into a world of giants and dwarves, serpents and toads, gods and apples … and this is just the start of a wondrous mystical journey which some suggest provided the germination for the renowned Lord of the Rings.
Directed by Suzanne Chaundy, and led by internationally recognized conductors Anthony Negus and David Kram AM, Melbourne Opera’s production of Richard Wagner’s mammoth Der Ring Des Nibelungen (Ring Cycle) is exclusive to Bendigo.
A distinguished Australian cast has been assembled for the Bendigo Ring with Warwick Fyfe continuing his acclaimed performance as Wotan, Simon Meadows as Alberich, Lee Abrahmsen as Sieglinde, Brad Daley as Siegfried, Deborah Humble as Erda, Sarah Sweeting as Fricka, Samuel Sakker as Siegmund, James Egglestone as Loge, Steven Gallop as Fafner, Adrian Tamburini as Hunding, and a plethora of distinguished singers in the many other roles including Rosamund Illing, Olivia Cranwell, Dimity Shepherd, Kerry Gill, Chris Hillier, Georgia Wilkinson and Eddie Muliaumaseali’i.
Performed in the intimate space of the Ulumbarra Theatre, with a 90-piece Melbourne Opera Orchestra, this four-part music drama comprises Das Rheingold, Die Walküre, Siegfried and Götterdämmerung, performances which in total span 15 hours, featuring some of opera’s most memorable moments, including, the majestic Ride of the Valkyries, the poignancy of Wotan’s Farewell, the Descent into Nibelheim, the sublime Forest Murmurs and ultimately culminating in a fiery finale of Gotterdämerung, one of all theatre’s most technically challenging moments!
The Ring Cycle is sung in German, with English subtitles.