FULL HAMLET (Thomas) Paris 2023 Ludovic Tézier, Lisette Oropesa, Jean Teitgen, Julien Behr
STREAM IT from ARTE
MORE VIDEO FILES: b>VIDEO, VIDEO, VIDEO, VIDEO
Information on the Performance
- Work Title: Hamlet
- Composer: Thomas Ambroise
- Libretto: Michel Carré, Jules Barbier    Libretto Text, Libretto Index
- Venue & Opera Company: Opéra Bastille, Opéra nationale de Paris, France
- Recorded: March 30, 2023
- Type: Staged Opera Live
- Singers: Ludovic Tézier, Lisette Oropesa, Jean Teitgen, Julien Behr, Clive Bayley, Frédéric Caton, Eve-Maud Hubeaux
- Conductor: Pierre Dumoussaud
- Orchestra: Orchestre de l’Opéra national de Paris
- Chorus: Chœurs de l’Opéra national de Paris
Information about the Recording
- Published by: ARTE
- TV Director: Stéphane Metge
- Date Published: 2023
- Format: Streaming
- Quality Video: 4 Audio:4
- Subtitles: yessubs, ensubs, desubs, frsubs
- Video Recording from: bilibili     FULL VIDEO
- STREAM IT from ARTE
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON THIS PERFORMANCE
Quote by ARTE:
The director Krzysztof Warlikowski and the conductor Pierre Dumoussaud revisit Hamlet , the romantic jewel of Ambroise Thomas, on the stage of the Opéra Bastille. A production carried by Ludovic Tézier in the title role.
Hamlet is undoubtedly one of William Shakespeare’s most famous works. This play populated by ghosts, characters with tormented psyches and tragic loves will find a particular echo among the romantics of the 19th century.
The horrors of the Prince of Denmark thus inspired Alexandre Dumas father to reinterpret it in the French style, which was in turn adapted by the librettists Michel Carré and Jules Barbier. From this libretto, Ambroise Thomas weaves a feverish opera demonstrating all his mastery in terms of vocal and orchestral writing. He thus signs one of his finest scores, in the vein of French historical grand opera.
Ambroise Thomas’ masterpiece is transposed here by Pierre Dumoussaud and Krzysztof Warlikowski on the stage of the Paris Opera. It is up to Ludovic Tézier to play Hamlet, a sublime baritone role. Around him gravitate Jean Teitgen (Claudius), Eve-Maud Hubeaux (Gertrude) and Lisette Oropesa (Ophélie). The voices of these exceptional singers blend with that of the Choir of the Opéra national de Paris and the notes of the Orchester de l’Opéra national de Paris.