FULL EL BATEO (Chueca) Valladolid 2023 Rosa Fernandez, Angel Walter, Francisco Pahino
Information on the Performance
- Work Title: El Bateo
- Composer: Chueca Federico
- Libretto: Antonio Domínguez, Antonio Paso    Libretto Text, Libretto Index
- Venue & Opera Company: Valladolid, Spain
- Recorded: 2023
- Type: Staged Opera Live
- Singers: Rosa Fernandez, Angel Walter, Francisco Pahino, Nuria Lloreda, José Gutiéerrez, Oscar Vinas, Maribel Reglero
- Conductor: Diego Cebrian
- Orchestra: Orquesta de Camara de Arroyo de la Encomienda
- Chorus: Coro Amigos de la Zarzuela
- Chorus Master: Dorel Murgu
- Stage Director: Anna Maté
- Costume Designer:
Information about the Recording
- Published by: AZVA 2.1
- Date Published: 2023
- Format: Streaming
- Quality Video: 4 Audio:4
- Subtitles: nosubs
- Video Recording from: YouTube     FULL VIDEO
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON THIS PERFORMANCE
El Bateo is a lyrical farce in one act and four scenes.
Book by Antonio Paso and Antonio Domínguez.
Music by Federico Chueca.
Premiered at the Teatro de La Zarzuela in Madrid, on November 7, 1901.
The Friends of Zarzuela Association has covered this lyrical-comic farce set in Madrid in the 1970s, adding new musical numbers that complete the context of the work.
SYNOPSIS OF THE WORK:
El Bateo refers to a baptism, that of Nieves and Lolo’s child, whose paternity is questioned by Pamplinas, Nieves’ former lover who intends to spoil the baptism, helped by Visita, a chulapa infatuated with Lolo and whom Virginio loves. Visit will spread the rumor that a man enters Nieves’s house every day at dawn…
The child will be sponsored by Wamba, a revolutionary anarchist who does not agree with the church.