FULL PLEASE LOOK Opera-Movie Notre Dame IN 2021
Information on the Performance
- Work Title: Please look: Nixon in China (John Adams), Atlas (Meredith Monk), The Holy Presence of Joan of Arc (Julius Eastman) and Akhnaten (Philip Glass).
- Composer: John Adams, Meredith Monk, Julius Eastman, Philip Glass
- Libretto: various
- Venue & Opera Company: Notre Dame
- Recorded: 2022
- Type: Movie
- Singers: Voice Majors of the Department of Music and Sacred Music Notre Dame: Lauren Lundy, Mary Katherine Bucko, Catherine Hyry, Christina Beasley, Claire Burks, Ava DeCroix, Erica Forbes, Margaret Foster, Anna Gazewood
- Conductor: Emmanuel de Leon
- Orchestra: Notre Dame Symphony Orchestra
- Stage Director: Evan Monroe Chapman, Kevin Eikenberg
- Costume Designer:
Information about the Recording
- Published by: Kevin Eikenberg
- Date Published: 2021
- Format: Streaming
- Quality Video: 4 Audio:4
- Subtitles: nosubs
- Video Recording from: YouTube     FULL VIDEO
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON THIS PERFORMANCE
Opera Notre Dame is proud to present Please Look: A Cinematic Opera Experience. Combining the visuals of trailblazing music film team Four/Ten Media with outstanding performances by vocalists of the Department of Music and Sacred Music Notre Dame, in partnership with the Notre Dame Symphony Orchestra, this series of 5 short films features recontextualized excerpts from the work of the so-called American Minimalist School, including Nixon in China (John Adams), Atlas (Meredith Monk), The Holy Presence of Joan of Arc (Julius Eastman) and Akhnaten (Philip Glass).
This innovative project not only presents the viewer with an immersive and evocative lyric theatre experience, it places Opera Notre Dame at the forefront of the rapidly evolving 21st-century American opera landscape.