FULL Dečja soba or Children’s Room (Živković) Belgrade 2021 Biljana Jovanović, Boris Papak, Sara Ristic
Information on the Performance
- Work Title: Dečja soba or Children's Room
- Composer: Živković Milenko
- Libretto: Desanka Maksimović    Libretto Text, Libretto Index
- Venue & Opera Company: The Little Theater “Duško Radović”, Belgrade, Serbia
- Recorded: November 12, 2021
- Type: Staged Opera Live
- Singers: Biljana Jovanović, Boris Papak, Sara Ristic, Olivera Gočanin, Isidora Bogdanović, Mina Nikolić
- Conductor: Milan Nedeljković
- Orchestra: Orchestra: Participants of the project "Opera: Past, Present, Perfect"
- Stage Director: Natalija Stanković, Mateja Đedović
- Costume Designer:
Information about the Recording
- Published by: MOTO Muzičko opersko teatarska organizacija
- Date Published: 2021
- Format: Streaming
- Quality Video: 4 Audio:4
- Subtitles: nosubs
- Video Recording from: YouTube     FULL VIDEO
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON THIS PERFORMANCE
“Children’s Room” is the first opera for children written in the classical opera form in Serbia. It was performed in February 1941. A work of unique values is a product of two great figures of Serbian art, and it’s an indicator of advanced thinking and high development of the Serbian artistic scene of the time, which in the first half of the twentieth century kept pace with the most contemporary artistic movements in Europe. This year marks the 120th anniversary of the birth of Milenko Živković, whose importance and work are unfairly neglected in our society, so this performance of “Children’s Room” at the 53rd BEMUS, will be a reminder of his immeasurable contribution to the creation of musical and performing arts in Serbia.
The libretto for the “Children’s Room” was based on the short story of the same name, by our poetess Desanka Maksimović, and it represents not only the first steps of the compositional practice aimed at the youngest audience in Serbia in the fourth decade of the twentieth century, but it’s also a true gem of Milenko Živković’s opus and our cultural heritage.