FULL DAS RHEINGOLD Bendigo 2023 Simon Meadows, Warwick Fyfe, James Egglestone, Sarah Sweeting
MORE VIDEO FILES: b>VIDEO, VIDEO
Information on the Performance
- Work Title: Das Rheingold - Der Ring des Nibelungen Vorspiel
- Composer: Wagner Richard
- Libretto: Richard Wagner    Libretto Text, Libretto Index
- Venue & Opera Company: Ulumbarra Theatre, Bendigo, Victoria, Australia
- Recorded: March 24, 2023
- Type: Staged Opera Live
- Singers: Simon Meadows, Warwick Fyfe, James Egglestone, Sarah Sweeting, Rebecca Rasheigh, Naomi Flatman, Karen Van Spall, Lee Abrahmsen, Steven Gallop, Darren Jeffrey, Jason Wasley, Christopher Tonkin, Robert Macfarlane, Deborah Humble
- Conductor: Anthony Negus
- Orchestra: Melbourne Opera Orchestra
Information about the Recording
- Published by: Australian Digital Concert Hall
- Date Published: 2023
- Format: Streaming
- Quality Video: 4 Audio:4
- Subtitles: yessubs, ensubs
- Video Recording from: YouTube     FULL VIDEO
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON THIS PERFORMANCE
Be catapulted into a world of giants and dwarves, serpents and toads, gods and apples … and this is just the start of a wondrous mystical journey which some suggest provided the germination for the renowned Lord of the Rings.
Directed by Suzanne Chaundy, and led by internationally recognised conductors Anthony Negus (cycle 1 & 2) and David Kram AM (cycle 3), Melbourne Opera’s production of Richard Wagner’s mammoth Der Ring Des Nibelungen (Ring Cycle) is exclusive to Bendigo.
Performed in the intimate space of the Ulumbarra Theatre, with a 90-piece Melbourne Opera Orchestra, this four-part music drama comprises Das Rheingold, Die Walküre, Siegfried and Götterdämmerung, performances which in total span 15 hours, featuring some of opera’s most memorable moments, including, the majestic Ride of the Valkyries, the poignancy of Wotan’s Farewell, the Descent into Nibelheim, the sublime Forest Murmurs and ultimately culminating in a fiery finale of Gotterdämerung, one of all theatre’s most technically challenging moments!