BIANCA E FERNANDO (Bellini) Genoa 2021 Salome Jicia, Giorgio Misseri, Nicola Ulivieri, Giovanni Battista Parodi
Popular Singers in this Opera Recording
Information on the Performance
- Work Title: Bianca e Fernando
- Composer: Bellini Vincenzo
- Libretto: Domenico Gilardoni, based on Bianca e Fernando alla tomba di Carlo IV, duca di Agrigento a play by Carlo Roti, revised by Felice Romani    Libretto Text, Libretto Index
- Venue & Opera Company: Teatro Carlo Felice di Genova, Italy
- Recorded: November 30, 2021
- Type: Staged Opera Live
- Singers: Salome Jicia, Giorgio Misseri, Nicola Ulivieri, Alessio Cacciamani, Giovanni Battista Parodi, Elena Belfiore, Carlotta Vichi, Antonio Mannarino
- Conductor: Donato Renzetti
- Orchestra: Orchestra del Teatro Carlo Felice
- Chorus: Coro del Teatro Carlo Felice
- Chorus Master: Francesco Aliberti
- Stage Director: Hugo de Ana
- Stage Designer: Hugo de Ana
- Costume Designer: Hugo de Ana
- Lighting Designer: Valerio Alfieri
Information about the Recording
- Published by: Dynamic
- Date Published: 2022
- Format: DVD & BD
- Quality Video: 5 Audio:5
- Subtitles: yessubs, ensubs, desubs, frsubs, itsubs, essubs, jpsubs
- Video Recording from: AMAZON     #ad Get this Recording
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON THIS PERFORMANCE
Synopsis by Wikipedia
Place: Agrigento Late 14th/15th century
Background The ambitious Filippo has secretly imprisoned Carlo, Duke of Agrigento and usurped his throne. Carlo’s son Fernando was accordingly forced into exile although he was still only a child. Carlo’s daughter, Bianca, the widow of the Duke of Messina, unaware of Filippo’s plots agrees to become his wife. Fernando, now an adult, returns home with a desire to avenge his father, who he thinks is dead.
Using a false name and pretending to be a soldier of fortune, Fernando comes to the palace of Agrigento and offers his services to the new Duke. He convinces Viscardo, a follower of Filippo, that he saw Fernando die and Filippo receives this news with joy. He hires Fernando without hesitation, thinking of entrusting the task of killing Carlo to him.
Bianca comes to the palace to meet her prospective bridegroom. Here she meets Fernando, but after so many years, she does not recognize him. Indeed, she suspects him. Fernando, for his part, is convinced that his sister is an accomplice of the usurper.
Filippo orders Fernando go to the prison to kill Carlo. At the same time, he announces his approaching wedding to Bianca. The old and trusted henchman of Fernando, Clemente, informs Bianca that Fernando wants to see her and brother and sister finally meet face to face. But when they recognize each other, Fernando tells Bianca of Filippo’s plots. Together, they go to the prison to free Carlo, followed by Fernando’s companions in arms. Filippo also arrives at the palace, bringing with him Bianca’s infant son whom he threatens to kill if Fernando will not give himself up. But the trusty Clemente disarms him, and the tyrant is finally ousted.