FULL Aida Paris 2021 Kaufmann Radvanovsky Dudnikova Tezier (Visited 6178 times, 1 visits today)
FULL Aida Paris 2021 Kaufmann Radvanovsky Dudnikova Tezier
Popular Singers in this Opera Recording
Video Recording from: ok     FULL VIDEO
Information on the Performance
- Work Title: Aida
- Composer: Verdi Giuseppe
- Libretto: Antonio Ghislanzoni    Libretto Text, Libretto Index
- Venue & Opera Company: Opera Bastille, Opera de Paris, France
- Recorded: February 18, 2021
- Type: Staged Opera Live
- Singers: Sondra Radvanovsky, Jonas Kaufmann, Dmitry Belosselskiy, Ludovic Tézier, Soloman Howard, Ksenia Dudnikova, Alessandro Liberatore, Roberta Mantegna
- Conductor: Michele Mariotti
- Orchestra: Orchestre de l’Opéra national de Paris
- Chorus: Choeurs de l’Opéra national de Paris
- Chorus Master: José Luis Basso
- Stage Director: Lotte de Beer
- Stage Designer: Christof Hetzer
- Costume Designer: Jorine van Beek
- Lighting Designer: Alex Brok
Information about the Recording
- Published by: ARTE
- Date Published: 2021
- Format: Streaming
- Quality Video: 4 Audio:4
- Video Recording from: ok     FULL VIDEO
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON THIS PERFORMANCE
(Visited 6178 times, 1 visits today)
Perhaps somebody terribly clever will be able to explain this thing (Aida?) to me. Thank you very much.
Alan Fischer writes:
I agree with them that this is another example of THE EMPEROR’S NEW CLOTHES style of directing.
This is KONZEPT for directorial self platituding instead of sticking to the story and doing something interesting with it WITHIN ITS FRAMEWORK.
As a singer, if I were doing a production like this, I would be doing it ONLY for the paycheck. There is no redeeming artistic merit in having to stand beside a puppet and singing your soul out to someone who isn’t next to you.
I suppose the only reason Aida and Amonasro were the puppets is because they are the outsiders….I get that, but why was Amonasro only half a puppet?? Because he was defeated was he only half a King?
The costumes were silly, the puppets were silly, the concept is silly, and I am sure Verdi would have put a stop to it immediately and withdrawn his opera rather than see it done this way.
Beautifully put, I agree 500% with all your intelligent concepts. Thank you very much.
Monstrosity, worst of taste. Call it ‘Art’ desecrates the word. Radvanovsky/Tezier, superb. Kaufmann looks mostly like Napoleon.
Monstrosity, worst of taste, call it ‘Art’ desecrates the word. Radvanovsky/Tezier superb voices. Kaufmann looks mostly like Napoleon.